Pole dancing shoes are specifically designed for the job and include a huge range of platforms, pumps, sandals, boots and wedges. The most popular shoes are a high platform heel varying from 4 inches to 10 inches. Often the platform height is proportionate to the heels height to ensure they are comfortable and safe to walk in. The range of types and colours is huge and can be seen and purchased here.
Below are 9 great ways that pole dancing shoes can improve your dancing performance and make you look good whilst you are doing it:
- The weight of the shoe improves momentum when spinning on a pole
- The heel and platform can absorb shock and vibration
- The smooth rounded toe can ease the friction when sliding on the floor
- The insoles are very well padded meaning they can be worn for long periods of time without discomfort
- The material can help your grip on the pole
- The heel of the shoe improves your posture
- They make your legs look longer and more toned when off the floor due to the additional weight
- The weight increases the intensity and difficulty of your workout
- Finally……..they look really really sexy!!